Grammar for TESOL Teachers
Learn at your own pace, in any location, with expert support.
Grammar for TESOL Teachers is a self-paced, online professional development course suitable for AMEP or ELICOS teachers of adult students, as well as language teachers in schools wanting to improve or revise their grammar knowledge.
ENROLMENT & PAYMENT:
Click the ‘Enrol Now’ button at the bottom of the page to begin enrolment in this course.
If you would like to pay through direct debit, please contact us through the Contact tab.
This self-paced, online course is organised into a series of mini lessons, allowing you to stop and start at any time. There are many interactive activities to give you lots of chances to practice and refine your knowledge.
Grammar for TESOL Teachers covers
- parts of speech/word classes – nouns, verbs, determiners etc.
- verb systems – main/auxiliary, finite/non-finite, transitive/intransitive
- tense and aspect (perfect & continuous) and how these work together
- creating meaning in the past, present and future
- phrasal verbs
- word groups/phrases
- sentence types– simple, compound, complex
- grammatical function – subject, object, complement, adverbial
- active and passive sentences
- activities to help you consolidate your knowledge
The course helps you to:
- understand the fundamentals of English grammar at word and sentence level
- develop confidence in using grammatical terminology or metalanguage
- be able to answer those tricky grammar questions your students ask
- identify errors more easily and apply this knowledge to your teaching
- use grammar knowledge to help improve students’ language development
- understand that ‘meaning’ is embedded in different grammatical structures
About the instructor:
The facilitator of Grammar Basics Workshop, Margaret McBride (BA, M.Ed), has over 30 years of English language teaching experience. Margaret has also taught teacher education and grammar at Australian universities.
Are you enrolling multiple teachers?
Accounts for multiple teachers can be purchased in two ways:
- By purchasing an institutional licence (see below for options).
- By purchasing multiple individual licences. If you choose this option, please log out between each registration (via the My Account tab), to ensure a new account is created.
Click ‘Enrol Now’ to begin your learning journey today!