Grammar for TESOL Teachers (Institutional Licence, 50 teachers)
Learn at your own pace, in any location, with expert support.
Grammar for TESOL Teachers is a self-paced, online professional development course suitable for AMEP or ELICOS teachers of adult students, as well as language teachers in schools wanting to improve or revise their grammar knowledge.
ENROLMENT & PAYMENT:
If you would like to pay through direct debit, please contact us through the Contact tab.
This self-paced, online course is organised into a series of mini lessons, allowing you to stop and start at any time. There are many interactive activities to give you lots of chances to practice and refine your knowledge.
Grammar for TESOL Teachers covers
- parts of speech/word classes – nouns, verbs, determiners etc.
- verb systems – main/auxiliary, finite/non-finite, transitive/intransitive
- tense and aspect (perfect & continuous) and how these work together
- creating meaning in the past, present and future
- phrasal verbs
- word groups/phrases
- sentence types– simple, compound, complex
- grammatical function – subject, object, complement, adverbial
- active and passive sentences
- activities to help you consolidate your knowledge
The course helps you to:
- understand the fundamentals of English grammar at word and sentence level
- develop confidence in using grammatical terminology or metalanguage
- be able to answer those tricky grammar questions your students ask
- identify errors more easily and apply this knowledge to your teaching
- use grammar knowledge to help improve students’ language development
- understand that ‘meaning’ is embedded in different grammatical structures
About the instructor:
The facilitator of Grammar Basics Workshop, Margaret McBride (BA, M.Ed), has over 30 years of English language teaching experience. Margaret has also taught teacher education and grammar at Australian universities.
STRAIGHTFORWARD PD MANAGEMENT:
Institutions can initiate teachers’ enrolment simply by entering names and email addresses into our straightforward learning management system. Teachers will automatically receive login details.
We understand that every institution is different. This self-paced course is adaptable to a variety of PD needs, including both individual self-led learning and group learning. Depending on your needs, you might like to:
- Invite teachers to complete at their own pace (asynchronously).
- Complete in a group setting during a regular PD/PL period.
- Use another PD format. Please contact us to learn more about how our course can work for you.
Our course can be paused and re-commenced according to your schedule.
*Up to 50 teachers can enrol in the workshop using this institutional licence. You can request additional enrolments if required at $50 per teacher.