Grammar Basics Workshop (20 Licence, Single School, AUS)
Grammar Basics Workshop is a self-paced, online professional development course for primary and secondary teachers around Australia who want to increase their knowledge of grammar and their ability to support students’ literacy.
This 20-enrolment school licence is valid until 31/12/2022.
The licence is priced at $100 per teacher (over 54% less than individual enrolments).
ACCREDITATION: NESA & TQI (for NSW and ACT teachers)
NSW accreditation: Completing Grammar Basics Workshop will contribute 5 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and assessment of NSW Curriculum/Early Years Learning Framework addressing standard descriptors 2.1.2, 2.5.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
ACT accreditation: This accredited (TQI 2021) 5-hour course addresses 1.3, 2.1, 2.5, 6.2 and 6.4 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher registration.
ENROLMENT & PAYMENT:
Click the ‘Enrol Now’ button at the bottom of the page to begin enrolment in this course.
If you would like to pay through direct debit, please contact us through the Contact tab.
The course is designed for both primary and secondary teachers Australia-wide who want to increase their knowledge of grammar. The course has been been particularly tailored to help you understand the key components of English grammar as documented in the Australian Curriculum and the NSW Syllabus.
This self-paced, online course is organised into a series of mini lessons to help you learn grammar step-by-step. The course includes many interactive activities to give you lots of chances to practice and refine your new knowledge.
Grammar Basics Workshop will cover the following:
- Parts of speech/word classes – nouns, verbs, adjectives etc.
- Verb systems – main/auxiliary, finite/non-finite, transitive/intransitive
- Word groups/phrases
- Sentences – simple, compound, complex
- Grammatical function – subject, object, complement, adverbial etc.
- Active and passive sentences
- Teaching strategies and activities
The course helps you to:
- understand the fundamentals of English grammar as documented in the Australian Curriculum and the NSW Syllabus
- develop confidence in using grammatical terminology
- analyse the grammar of texts, identify errors and apply this knowledge to your teaching
- use grammar to improve students’ literacy skills
- gain classroom-ready grammar teaching strategies, skills and resources
- understand the needs of students from diverse linguistic backgrounds
About the instructor:
The facilitator of Grammar Basics Workshop, Margaret McBride (BA, M.Ed), has over 30 years of English language teaching experience. Margaret has also taught teacher education and grammar at Australian universities.
STRAIGHTFORWARD PD MANAGEMENT:
Schools can initiate teachers’ enrolment simply by entering names and email addresses into our straightforward learning management system. Teachers will automatically receive login details.
We understand that every school is different. This self-paced course is adaptable to a variety of PD needs, including both individual self-led learning and group learning. Depending on your needs, you might like to:
- Invite teachers to complete at their own pace (asynchronously).
- Complete in a group setting during a regular PD/PL period.
- Use another PD format. Please contact us to learn more about how our course can work for you.
Our course can be paused and re-commenced according to your schedule.