GRAMMAR PD COURSES
Grammar Basics Workshop is a self-paced, online professional development course for primary and secondary teachers around Australia. Our course improves teachers’ knowledge of grammar and their ability to support students’ literacy.
ACCREDITATION: NESA & TQI (for NSW and ACT teachers)
NSW accreditation: Completing Grammar Basics Workshop will contribute 5 hours of NSW Education Standards Authority (NESA) Accredited PD in the priority area of Delivery and assessment of NSW Curriculum/Early Years Learning Framework addressing standard descriptors 2.1.2, 2.5.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.
ACT accreditation: This accredited (TQI 2021) 5-hour course addresses 1.3, 2.1, 2.5, 6.2 and 6.4 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher registration.
This course is designed for both primary/elementary and secondary/high school teachers who want to increase their knowledge of the ‘grammar in context’ approach to grammar teaching. The course is divided into six modules that aim to:
• Provide teachers with an overview of the ‘grammar in context’ approach.
• Sensitise teachers to the language features of real texts and genres.
• Help teachers understand the purpose of genre-based language features and authorial choices.
• Develop teachers understanding of grammar and meaning.
• Equip teachers to teach students how their grammatical choices help them to communicate effectively and creatively in different genres and contexts.
• Model to teachers how they can help students recognise the grammar/language choices of authors and apply this knowledge effectively and creatively in their own writing.
This limited time offer gives you access to both Grammar Basics Workshop and Grammar in Context at a heavily discounted price!
We recommend you start with Grammar Basics Workshop, which covers the funamentals of word, senence and clause-level grammar. This will enhance your understanding of effective teaching strategies in Grammar In Context.
Get confident with grammar!
This course aims to:
– sensitise teachers to the relationship between grammar and reading comprehension
– promote the identification of common challenges students face
– help teachers explore practical teaching strategies to enhance grammar knowledge and comprehension skills
– foster a dynamic classroom environment where grammar is engaging and relevant.
Designed for educators, teachers, and instructional leaders, this self-paced course encourages exploration at the convenience of participants. The goal is to empower educators to create inclusive learning environments that nurture both grammar proficiency and robust comprehension skills.